Under this tab, you would find all the recognition features apart from text like scene description, etc. There are currently two options available in this tab:
- This features enables you to obtain a description of an image from your surrounding.
- Point your phone at the direction of what you want to be described and take a picture by selecting this option.
- A beeping sound would indicate that the image is being processed.
- An output of the described scene would be displayed and read out in the phone's system language.
- If the person in the image has been taught to Envision, their name would be included in the description and read out.
- If the captured image is of an object that you have taught Envision, the name of the object would be read out.
- If the captured image is of a watch, the current time would be read out.
- If the captured images is of a window or the sky, the current weather would be read out.
- Please be advised that though the accuracy of this feature is constantly improving, it is still very experimental and is known to give quite inaccurate descriptions from time to time. So take it with a pinch of salt.
- This feature currently supports output in more than 30 languages.
Teach Faces and Objects
- This feature enables you to train faces of your friends and/or your personal objects to Envision.
- Select one of the two options: Teach a face or Teach an object.
- It opens upto a camera page with the back camera of the phone active. Please switch the camera if you want to take a selfie.
- Take at least 5 images of the face or the object from different angles and in different surroundings. The more images you take, the better the recognition.
- Provide a name for the face or object you have just trained.
- You will hear a success message as your new face or object is added to the library.
- You can then test this by taking a picture of the person or the object using the "Describe Scene" feature.
- You can also delete the faces and objects you have trained by selecting the Open Library option.